- Business card
- Business class
- Business ideas
- Business license
- Business management
- Business park
- Business plan
- Business school
- Business solutions
- Financial aid
- Financial group
- Financial management
- Financial services
- Financial statements
- Home business
- Personal Finance
- Savings account
- Small business
- Wealth management
Royal Bank of Scotland Business Banking | Business Debit CardYour Royal Bank of Scotland Business Debit card offers:
• Convenience – use it to pay for goods and services on the high street, online or over the phone – wherever you see the Visa logo.
• Easier administration – save time by switching from using cash and cheques to your Business Debit card. Use Digital banking to monitor expenditure on your card, set-up, amend and make online transfers.
• Secure online transactions – register for Royal Bank of Scotland Secure and benefit from additional security when you use your Business Debit card to pay for goods online.
If your card is lost or stolen call us and we'll give you a code to withdraw up to £300 of your money from any NatWest, Royal Bank of Scotland or Ulster Bank cash machine in the UK or Ireland.
• Withdraw up to £300 - of your money if you are an internet or telephone banking customer. Or up to £60 if you're not. You'll need to have enough money in your account and a minimum of £25 available in your account.
• 24/7 support - call us any time to report your missing card and ask for your emergency cash code.
• No extra cost - we don't charge you any extra for this service. Added security
Enjoy added security when you use your Business Debit card online by registering for Royal Bank of Scotland Secure – our card protection service. Royal Bank of Scotland Secure protects your online purchases by allowing you to use a password to authenticate payments.
When you shop and check out at participating online stores, you’re automatically prompted to enter some random characters from your own private password – this verifies you as the genuine cardholder, just like entering a PIN at the ATM.Rates and charges
This section sets out our charges for the transaction types listed below. It does not reflect any charges which a third party might charge you (for example, commission rates or ATM fees).
Business Debit card charges
Sterling cash withdrawals from any UK
cash machine (ATM)
Sterling cash withdrawals from any Royal Bank of Scotland branch in the UK, the Channel Islands, Isle of Man or Gibraltar
Sterling cash withdrawals in the UK in any bank, travel agent, bureau de change or other outlet displaying the Visa logo
Purchase of foreign currency or travellers' cheques in the UK
Foreign currency withdrawal from any cash machine (ATM) in the UK
Cash withdrawals or the purchase of currency or travellers’ cheques outside the UK
We will charge a Foreign Cash Fee of 2% of the value of the transaction (minimum £2, maximum £5). We will also charge a Non-Sterling Transaction Fee of 2.75% of the value of the transaction.
If you elect for the transaction to be converted into Sterling at the point of sale or withdrawal, we will not charge a Non-Sterling Transaction Fee, however the transaction handler may charge you a separate fee.
Purchases made outside the UK (for example, purchasing goods in a shop)
Purchases made anywhere in a foreign currency (for example, online/telephone purchases made in or outside the UK).
We will charge a Foreign Purchase Fee of 2.75% of the value of the transaction (minimum £1).
See here for a comparison of using your cards abroad.
Where a charge in the table above is stated as a percentage, this is a percentage of the Sterling transaction amount.
Visa Payment Scheme Exchange Rate
Any transaction made in a foreign currency using your Debit card is converted by us into Sterling using the Visa Payment Scheme Exchange Rate. To see the up-to-date rates used for Debit cards visit www.visaeurope.com and click on the Cardholders section.
You can apply for up to four Business Debit Cards when you open an Royal Bank of Scotland current account. You’ll be asked to complete a form giving the names and addresses of the cardholders.
You can apply for up to four Business Debit Cards with your Royal Bank of Scotland current account. Speak to your Business Manager, or call into your nearest branch to request an application form.
Category: Business card