- Business card
- Business class
- Business ideas
- Business license
- Business management
- Business park
- Business plan
- Business school
- Business solutions
- Financial aid
- Financial group
- Financial management
- Financial services
- Financial statements
- Home business
- Personal Finance
- Savings account
- Small business
- Wealth management
Medicare Savings Program – Qualified Medicare Beneficiary (QMB) Program
Medicare Savings Programs (MSP)help people with limited income and resources pay for some or all of their Medicare premiums and may also pay their Medicare deductibles and co-insurance. There are four different types of Medicare Savings Programs, this page focuses on the Qualified Medicare Beneficiary (QMB) Program.
If you have income from working, you may qualify for benefits even if your income is higher than the limits listed.
- Individual monthly income limit: $1,010
- Married couple monthly income limit: $1,355
The resource limit is $8,660 for one person and $13,750 for a married couple.
Countable resources include:
- Money in a checking or savings account
- Money in an IRA, annuity or trust
Countable resources don't include:
- Your home
- One car
- Burial plot
- Up to $1,500 for burial expenses if you have put that money aside
- Other household and personal items
Benefits and Services
- Qualified Medicare Beneficiary (QMB) Program provides Medicare benefits plus pays for your:
- Part A premiums
- Part B premiums
- Medicare deductibles, co-insurance, and co-payments.
You might still have to pay your Health First Colorado (Colorado's Medicaid Program) co-payments. See the Benefits and Services Overview for a list of Health First Colorado co-pays.
How To Apply
Where Do I Get These Services?
- You can visit any doctor who accepts both Medicare andHealth First Coloradocoverage.
- Visit our Find a Doctor page to search forHealth First Coloradoproviders. Remember to ask the provider if they accept both Medicare andHealth First Colorado .
- You can also visit the Medicare website to search for Medicare providers.
If you have more questions about this program please see our Medicare/Medicaid Frequently Asked Questions or contact our Customer Contact Center.
Program Contact: Sharon.Brydon@state.co.us, 303-866-5402